Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- @hbryant42 I can’t even.... twitter.com/BillyCorben/st… 1 week ago
- RT @ProjectLincoln: The President of the United States is an idiot. 1 week ago
- 👇@realDonaldTrump #shame #shame #shame twitter.com/deborah91473/s… 1 week ago
- RT @RVAT2020: Hey @realDonaldTrump, we fixed your ad for you. https://t.co/RRZjdjrJOx 1 week ago
- @MerrittCorrigan Let me be clear, according to @Scotus and the LAW, gay marriage is marriage. Also, America is NOT… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- @SpencerkWang @AUBERGERESORTS @CAgovernor @NapaRegister Other than the hotel, yes! 1 week ago
- RT @GavinNewsom: RT if you believe we need commonsense gun reform and the @NRA to stop buying off lawmakers. 1 week ago
- Hey everyone, be careful at @AUBERGERESORTS properties. They do not seem to be following #COVID guidelines. I’m at… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Stupid is as stupid does. How many more people have to die before #Texans smarten up? #COVIDIOTS austin.eater.com/2020/7/31/2134… 1 week ago
- This is #abhorant. What are YOU going to do about it? @CAgovernor apple.news/ArCziaMSgQemJV… 1 week ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!