Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- RT @eshap: I’d like to congratulate the absolutely historic level of stupidity and in breeding displayed by #MAGA and the #AntiVaxxer commu… 5 days ago
- @eshap This would be hella fun to watch. 5 days ago
- 👇 is a must read. twitter.com/hockendougal/s… 1 week ago
- @amytroyer @govkristinoem @JoeBiden Your #freedumb to swing your arms ends at the tip of my nose. #vaccinemandates… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- @govkristinoem @JoeBiden You are a #covidiot. You also already know that @Scotus has rules many times, beginning in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- @Jim_Jordan In January 1777, Washington, who at the time was the general of the Continental forces, pushed for troo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- @merriman_md @Elizabe54978292 @greenbluepur @GovRonDeSantis Yup. She's a bot. 2 weeks ago
- @Elizabe54978292 @greenbluepur @merriman_md @GovRonDeSantis #nope more #lies and #misinformation. Watch the videos… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- @Elizabe54978292 @greenbluepur @merriman_md @GovRonDeSantis No. Your tweet is #misinformation and just wrong. The e… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- RT @marceelias: "Real liberty for all could not exist under the operation of a principle which recognizes the right of each individual pers… 2 weeks ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!