Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- #truth 👇🏼 twitter.com/lesdoggg/statu… 6 hours ago
- @brianstelter Agreed that suppression of #journalists is wrong, but how is she a #whistleblower? On what did she blow the whistle here? 6 hours ago
- @tedcruz Crazy things like perpetuating #lies that the #fairest election in our history was stolen? Like #inciting… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- @eshap So happy the #Capitol, the seat of the #USGovernment and a #symbol of #USA magically appeared all over the c… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 22 hours ago
- @JennaRyanRealty is a #traitor #insurrectionist who flew a #privatejet to #storm the #Capitol and is now #begging f… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- How is it that the people of #Alabama elected @TTuberville to the #Senate and the guy hasn't read the #Constitution. #TubervilleSoDumb 2 days ago
- @SenTuberville @TTuberville Like your pals #DonaldTrump @DonaldJTrumpJr and @RudyGiulianli 2 days ago
- @RichLightShed Your gif game is very solid these days! 2 days ago
- @RichLightShed I don't understand a lot about running a sports book, but aren't they supposed to make money? Doesn't the house always win? 2 days ago
- @SenTomCotton “I hold myself, so long as I have the breath of life in my body, amenable to impeachment by this Hous… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!