Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- Wordle 340 5/6 🟨⬛🟨🟨⬛ ⬛🟩⬛🟩⬛ ⬛🟩🟩🟩⬛ ⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 8 hours ago
- @OswaldPatton @GoldShimmy @ADL And if u read the whole thread, u would notice that he asked me where I found justif… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @OswaldPatton @GoldShimmy @ADL OMG LOL you think removing clumps of cells or fetuses that can’t survive outside the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Wordle 338 4/6 🟩⬛⬛⬛🟩 🟩⬛⬛⬛🟩 🟩⬛🟩⬛🟩 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 1 day ago
- 👇 #Freedumb twitter.com/rachelbitecofe… 2 days ago
- @ArchCordileone Jesus was a #Jew and believed that life begins at first breath, so even he wouldn’t agree with you. 2 days ago
- @GoldShimmy @ADL Yeah. But kinda the same situation as a fetus growing. Isn’t alive until first breath. That’s why… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- @GoldShimmy @ADL You asked. I gave you 4 examples. We’re done here. 3 days ago
- @GoldShimmy @ADL Exodus 21:22: if a man causes a woman to have a miscarriage, he shall be fined; however, if the wo… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @GoldShimmy @ADL Ezekiel 37:5&6, “Thus says the Lord God to these bones: Behold, I will cause breath to enter u,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!