Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- @plorigo happy birthday 🎂💥🎉💥🎂 2 weeks ago
- @RyanSocash Nope 1 month ago
- @BestFiends #BootCamp animation is highest level animated short as a marketing tool for game youtu.be/iSHEmjhzdno https://t.co/iH6hcYOkVF 1 month ago
- RT @vicenews: 100 days of Donald Trump https://t.co/RVD1h326SM 2 months ago
- @plorigo @NickGregorio Good luck guys! All sub'd up. I'll be watching. https://t.co/JNU4baHXdC 2 months ago
- RT @plorigo: I have a new YouTube channel with @NickGregorio launching next week! Go to youtube.com/actionfigures and subscribe! https://t.… 2 months ago
- @awallenstein maybe @pewdiepie is what @realDonaldTrump was referring to when he talked about terror in Sweden? twitter.com/awallenstein/s… 5 months ago
- @pewdiepie is now the @realDonaldTrump of @YouTube #blamethemedia 5 months ago
- A rich, white European, pays poor Asians $5 to call for killing a religious minority which was nearly wiped-out in… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 5 months ago
- #LATECH: Please sign our industry letter to Trump opposing his executive orders on immigration TODAY! bit.ly/2kKpZht #nobannowall 5 months ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!