Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- I just got passed by a grey @Lamborghini with a #vanity license plate that says #snapceo #douche 5 days ago
- As if we need more proof why #arming #teachers is a terrible idea. What happens when a kid get shot? #enough Parkla… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- #tortreform is badly needed. What a ridiculous suit! Best performing stock and dominating their industry.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- #wrong on key points. @Google, @amazon @netflix all have significant infrastructure investments that power their se… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- Horribly tragic day at @YouTube. I hope people are safe. #Enough 3 weeks ago
- #thisisextremelydangeroustoourdemocracy #SinclairBroadcasting #irony let's spread the word twitter.com/deadspin/statu… 3 weeks ago
- Tough day but strong, right decision for @JukinMedia. Huge fan of @JonSkogmo and team. #BetterDays on the horizon. thevideoink.com/2018/03/28/bre… 3 weeks ago
- America is a nation of #immigrants and this does not fit our national values. How ironic when the draft dodger in c… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 weeks ago
- "I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons. I do not believe in the general promiscuous tot… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- politi.co/2G2Yv20 via @politico 1940s: blacks serving in military with whites threatens military cohesion 199… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!