Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- @MarshaBlackburn You are a disgrace. Hope the good people of Tennessee have the dignity to vote you out of office. #traitor 1 day ago
- RT @yousuck2020: 【本日23:59で締め切り】 前代未聞の歴史的な社会実験になりそうです。フォロー＆リツイートで参加できる最後のチャンスです。傍観者ではなく当事者として、日本の未来を一緒に考えませんか。是非ご参加ください！ 2 weeks ago
- @GLFOP it would be really great if you guys actually read the Constitution before putting this #bs #fakenews into t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- And if 63 pages are too much for you to read....then #STFU and go away. twitter.com/chadgutstein/s… 2 months ago
- If you are all butt hurt about the #impeachment proceedings and furious over the so called #WitchHunt because you d… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- @RockthebellsSXM @llcoolj twitter.com/RZA/status/118… 3 months ago
- @realDonaldTrump Uh, yeah. It’s totally believable that you are that dumb. Does anybody actually believe you are a really stable genius? 4 months ago
- Wait, isn't this the same @SenHarryReid who used the #nuclearoption to get district court judges approved, leadin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- Look, video games don't kill people, #guns kill people. There have been 4 studies showing NO evidence that violent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 months ago
- @united @faa @nypost @nytimes still on UA 2418 sitting on tarmac at EWR over 2 1/2 hours. Gate is open, no one to t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 months ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!