Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- @RockthebellsSXM @llcoolj twitter.com/RZA/status/118… 1 week ago
- @realDonaldTrump Uh, yeah. It’s totally believable that you are that dumb. Does anybody actually believe you are a really stable genius? 4 weeks ago
- Wait, isn't this the same @SenHarryReid who used the #nuclearoption to get district court judges approved, leadin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Look, video games don't kill people, #guns kill people. There have been 4 studies showing NO evidence that violent… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- @united @faa @nypost @nytimes still on UA 2418 sitting on tarmac at EWR over 2 1/2 hours. Gate is open, no one to t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- @united I don't believe you at all. Plane sticks of jet fuel. I'm feeling ill, as are others. More than 2 hours sin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- @faa please HELP. Posionous smell from jet fuel permeating the plane. People feeling ill. twitter.com/chadgutstein/s… 2 months ago
- @united @nypost stuck on UA flight 2418. Been on ground at EWR for nearly 2 hrs. Wasn't raining when we landed but… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- @roddreher @jeremycorbyn So, my family was murdered in Auschwitz. How about not using it as a place to make social media posts? 3 months ago
- @SpeakerPelosi @nytimes this is as racist a message as it gets. How can #congress not answer with a vote of censure? twitter.com/realDonaldTrum… 3 months ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!