Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- And now nearly 40 mins. Been taxiing around LAX like a tourist stuck in traffic. Could @AmericanAir be worse? 4 days ago
- Just landed in LA after a 5:30 flight on @AmericanAir and have been sitting on tarmac for 20 mins. Typical.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @AlecBaldwin @Stop_Trump20 Me too. Kinda the best remote ever made. 5 days ago
- RT @ianbassin: New documents show Trump Admin silenced CDC at start of pandemic, tried to alter expert scientific reports, and then tried t… 1 week ago
- @RichLightShed @disneyplus Just buy @comcast out of @hulu early and combine it with @disneyplus already please. 2 weeks ago
- RT @DanRather: We have a dangerous rise in antisemitism. Meanwhile we have anti-vaxxers wearing yellow stars. I was 14 years old when the c… 2 weeks ago
- @eshap @smokey_bear Wanna bet he got his kids #vaxxed? 3 weeks ago
- RT @HamillHimself: A long time ago, before science was politicized. 3 weeks ago
- They aren’t sheeple, or screaming about #freedumb. They got #vaxd wear #masks and are getting to a new normal. 89%… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- This would be #pathetic if it wasn’t so #dangerous. This is how #democracyFails. twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 1 month ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!