Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- @eshap #WhitePowerCaucus. Make them own it. 1 day ago
- I never thought I’d see the day when there is a #WhitePowerCaucus in the #USCongress. #Shame on these #racist… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- As the #cuban people turn a page, it’s past time for #USA to re-examine our #CubaPolicy. #Cubans are… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @SpeakerBoehner has the correct response to this. It begins ’@tedcruz, go.....’ apple.news/AS1iD9jEPRoC2d… 1 day ago
- @Jim_Jordan why are you such an #ahole #all the time? 560k+ #DeadAmericans and here you are berating a #hero doin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- @JohnCornyn Your tweet invites the question, are you too stupid, craven or dishonest to serve as a #USSenator? Mayb… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @MattForDelegate The full saying is ‘A few bad apples spoils the bunch.’ That’s what every talking head forgets. A… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @JetBlue why do you continue to support members of #congress who supported the #insurrectionists of #Jan6, support… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @WindsorPD Maybe @TownofWindsor needs a new motto. Try #MostRacistTowninIsleofWight 1 week ago
- @MarkHerringVA This happened in #December, over 4 months ago. What has @TownofWindsor or @WindsorPD done? #NOTHING.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!