Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- @semipro Right, because filing impeachment papers on the first day of @POTUS term when you are in the minority and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @RepMTG @JoeBiden You are a #traitor and a #fool. That’s how this will go. It will not end well for you. 1 day ago
- @GOPLeader is a #hypocrite #flipflopper #traitor. Don’t u love how he talks about #personalresponsibility but is… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @SenTedCruz Look, it’s #TraitorTed getting it #wrong again. 1 day ago
- @SenHawleyPress @HawleyMO Prosecute people like @HawleyMO who #incited and give #comfort and #support to the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @HawleyMO @simonschuster This may be your #stupidest tweet yet. In it, you demonstrate either your complete lack of… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @IvankaTrump Since #DJTrump took office, you have been complicit in #treason and #incompetence that has led to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- @GetSpectrum as a customer, I’m putting you on notice. If you do not stop contributions to @GOP members who violate… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- #truth 👇🏼 twitter.com/Lesdoggg/statu… 5 days ago
- @brianstelter Agreed that suppression of #journalists is wrong, but how is she a #whistleblower? On what did she blow the whistle here? 5 days ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!