Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- They aren’t sheeple, or screaming about #freedumb. They got #vaxd wear #masks and are getting to a new normal. 89%… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- This would be #pathetic if it wasn’t so #dangerous. This is how #democracyFails. twitter.com/ProjectLincoln… 3 days ago
- @lstpierre @annsummtbe @eshap @mschlapp @mcuban As for LT risks, vaccines generate bad side effects within 12 weeks… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- @lstpierre @annsummtbe @eshap @mschlapp @mcuban Everything in your tweet is just wrong. Do u know all 6B ppl who ha… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Since the start of COVID nearly 500 Police Officers have died of the virus. Nearly 100 from line of duty. That's 5:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- @lstpierre @annsummtbe @eshap @mschlapp @mcuban I'm sorry, your point is what? Better to get sick and be treated th… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- @JanessaWaterson It makes me feel much safer to know people who allow themselves to be fooled into dangerously igno… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- @lstpierre @annsummtbe @eshap @mschlapp @mcuban Ppl vax'd are 11 times less likely to die and 6 times less likely t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- @Jim_Jordan Ohio voters should ban @Jim_Jordan 1 week ago
- 👇🏼 apple.news/A1kRcx5A4SXmab… 2 weeks ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!