Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- @AuroraAPA Time to get on the right side of history and stop protecting cops who shouldn’t be cops anymore. 16 hours ago
- @hbryant42 I’m partial to the #WashingtonRevolution. Not that it matters. No matter the name, they will never live up to the @Giants! 16 hours ago
- @eshap Washington Revolution 16 hours ago
- @SenJeffMerkley @AmericanAir Why didn’t you put restrictions on flight capacity into the CARES Act? We have the air… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- @TeamYouTube No, what you did was decide to carry the @ViacomCBS networks, nearly all of them, which added huge add… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @RepAndyBiggsAZ @realDonaldTrump And infections are soaring in YOUR district and YOUR constituents will die because… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @realDonaldTrump Maybe you’d prefer naming bases #FortArnold #FortAmes & #FortHanssen or are #confederate #racists… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- @RichLightShed @Trevornoah I wonder what would have resulted in more subscriber churn, not carrying any of the… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- And while #Nero plays his fiddle, #TexasBurns #COVIDIDIOT #yougetthegovernmentyoudeserve twitter.com/acyn/status/12… 2 days ago
- @YouTubeTV @ViacomCBS @BET @CMT @ComedyCentral @MTV @Nickelodeon @paramountnet @tvland @VH1 And today is when I con… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!