Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- The best exec at WB leaves the lot. I couldn’t have asked for a better partner in crime. Your dedication in helpin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 hours ago
- @RonFilipkowski Btw, they are in the new jail! 20 hours ago
- @GOP some family values you got here. This is what the party has become. #shame ajc.com/politics/hersc… 20 hours ago
- @atrupar @RepValDemings please please please run the sprockets off this #coward saying idiotic things. 21 hours ago
- Am I the only person on here who thinks that the @FBI or Executive Branch of the US should at least apologize and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- @realjoygendusa @JoyGendusa one of these two people thinks the right way to hand a #hurricane is to strongly sugges… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- @postcardmania passionate about making their employees work thru a #hurricane. I’ll be spending my money elsewhere thanks. 2 days ago
- @DarylCarr17 I’m sure u support Trump’s desire to be able to fire federal employees at any time for any reason or non at all, right? 2 days ago
- @DarylCarr17 What a joke your post is. And if u think Tim Scott’s legislation was anywhere near what is needed you… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- @DarylCarr17 And you obviously didn’t read the 11th circuit decision. 2 days ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!