Mark Peel’s recently opened The Tar Pit brings a healthy dose of 1940’s Los Angeles glamour to what is fast becoming one of LA’s hottest foodie destination neighborhoods. From the lush and sexy decor to the knowledgeable service to the downright delicious food and drink, Tar Pit scratches an itch that has been developing since The Brown Derby and Chasins closed for good (how long has it been since a good Steak Diane could be found in LA?). And so it was that my friend Jeff and I de camped on a Tuesday night to check out LA’s answer to NY’s 20th century american food craze (Minetta Tavern, Monkey Bar, Waverly Inn, Freeman’s Alley, Allen & Delancey, etc…).
- @united Hey @TheFAAOnline, how is @united not committing false advertising when it sells people a ticket and says t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @united Actually, the system isn't broken, this plane just doesn't even have the wifi or entertainment systems inst… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @united Yes but that's useless. Flight attendants are not mechanics and cannot fix this. @united has terrible maint… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago
- @united yet another flight with no working entertainment system or wifi. How is it possible this airline is still in business #unitedsucks 4 days ago
- You know it's a great day when you meet a childhood hero at the car wash! @DaveWinfieldHOF @Yankees 2 weeks ago
- @rickyftw Here's to the future! Your hard work and talent made all the difference. I'm lucky to have had the privilege to support your work. 2 weeks ago
- @Postmates_Help thinks taking an HOUR to support a customer when they mess up the dinner order is acceptable. Does… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- @Postmates_Help @Postmates you truly suck and deserve to go bankrupt. Once again, over half my order is missing. No… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Jones then said he likes Rotondo's "noble nose" and that his wife's nose is so big she gets mistaken for a Jew, but… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- I just got passed by a grey @Lamborghini with a #vanity license plate that says #snapceo #douche 2 months ago
Editor in Chief
I love food, adventure and creative expression. My hope is that this blog will combine all three of these passions, and make you drool. The Provender will only feature meals and restaurants that I deem worthy of taking my time to share and worthy of your time to read about. Bon Appetit!